Sunday, July 21, 2013

Budapest, Hungary

BUDAPEST, HUNGARY



Geography Fascination:

I was very fascinated with the transportation here.  Because of the river, it hit me that we couldn't jump on the subway and go to dinner on the hill... we had to transport to a tram or a bus!  What also interested me about Budapest was the differences of the parts of the city on either side of the river.  It was clear which side was more touristy, and which side held more of the city.  This was due to the dramatic change of landscape on either side. The more populated side was obviously flatter, and the less populated and smaller side was with the massive hills.  It was a fascinating difference.

Favorite Academic Experience:

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed out musical part of the city.  Seeing the traditional Austrian Folk Music dancing and music was super super neat.  And although it was about 100 degrees in the auditorium, it was still very entertaining.  I had no idea what to expect, even though I did my music presentation on it!  I was pleasantly surprised.  The dancing was so fun, and each dancer was having a superior time; it was easy to notice.  The instrumentalists were exceptional.  They were having and amazing time too!  Do this again next year!


Favorite Non- Academic Experience:

The view of Budapest was the best view of a city I had even seen.  Therefore, I loved to go up on the hill just admiring the view and taking a lot of pictures. (with a gelato cone in hand, obviously.)  
Like these!! 








Favorite Place to Eat:

Definitely not the breakfast place. (:
I really enjoyed out last group meal on the hill.  I do not remember what the restaurant was called, but it was fabulous with a spectacular view!


Duck Pasta!



No comments:

Post a Comment